Monday, September 18, 2006

Blintzes

I made a blintz for breakfast today. A blintz is like a thin large pancake with heated cream cheese in the middle, all rolled up with syrup on it, or fruit on it if you want.

First, you take a half-cup of pancake mix. Then you take a 1/4 cup of water, plus a little more. And an egg. And you mix that up all really good so it's thin and swirly and sloppy and glushy and smooshy.

Then you butter a bigish frying pan and heat it on lowish heat. Then you pour the batter in and let it cook and then you flip it with a spatula and cook it a little longer. And you put a couple of spoonfuls of cream cheese into a bowl and microwave it for about 10 seconds. And then you put the blintz on a plate and you glop the cream cheese in, and fold one side over the cream cheese and then roll the whole thing up. Pour some syrup on it, get a fork, and then devour!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love the way you write- very descriptive.

and now I know something I didn't know before.. how to make blintzes. Sweet.
I'm probably going to (accidentally) trash Mum's kitchen, attempting to make some, myself.
I'm *inspired*! heehee.

have a good one.
-اليزبيث